Monday 2 March 2015

California Dream

Soz for the MIA happened once again, blame the school works! Hope y'all have had an awesome Chinese New Year and let's not stop the good food coming! Btw, one thing has crossed my mind the other day, am I the only one still addicted to Ferrero Rocher? Because I, swear to god, have devoured 2 entire boxes of Ferrero Rocher in one week but the bae just didn't quite understand this obsession, I mean seriously?! Anyway, enough bullshit, let's jump right into this blog…

Although The Diner is located in the middle of Soho, it's not that easy to find them as they are on a quiet street away form the hustle and bustle. The only clue I could tell you is it's located besides Ovolo Hotel Soho and Cafe O, you can go up the escalator next to dragon-i.

Never been to the States but the interior looks pretty authentic American diner to me. We adore the floor tiles! 

The All-American $118; The Dime Burger $139; S'mores Milkshake $78

The All-American
Normally I order a full breakfast when I feel like a boring person or I am really hungry, like really hungry. This is a pretty average full breakfast; egg, bacon, sausage, toast and hash browns (but no baked beans ugh!) There's really not much to say about this, prob not the dish I'd come back for. 
One side note: don't wait till the last minute to finish the pancake because it'll get cold and hard and taste disgusting!

The Dime Burger
I wouldn't say this burger is amazing but for a Sunday afternoon when you were so hungry because you woke at 2pm and not eaten all day, it's definitely good enough. The only thing I have to criticise is the patty being a bit under-flavoured. I actually really liked the sides, the chips were crispy and hot and the coleslaw was sour and refreshing, perfect for a heavy meal.

S'mores Milkshake
This needs no fancy title, just simply a glass of goodness! This is certainly not that sorta milkshake for everyone, it's very dangerous yet very delicious. It's got a very strong vanilla base with chocolate syrup, and to top it off with the indulging marshmallow fluff, very sweet and fattening #calories #noshame! It would be even better if they add a handful of cinnamon crumbs on top nom! However, $78 for a cup of milkshake? I mean it's certainly a cup of pricey milkshake.

This is random I know, I only took this photo because I found this seat pretty bad ass! This place is a perfect place for fam jam on a Sunday afternoon. Pretty much that's it, hope you all have had a fantastic weekend!

The Diner ; G/F, 4-8 Arbuthnot Road, Central


No comments:

Post a Comment